Page 3 of 3
Welcome to VHSource
Before you may become a member of VHSource, you should read all of the policies listed herein. These policies become effective on April 1, 2008 and were revised as of January 16, 2014. By using the services on the VHSource website (vherbert.com or VHSource.com) (the "Site"), you are agreeing to the following policies:
1. All research areas shall remain open to the public at all times. Anyone wishing to submit research material shall do so through the Publisher,
2. One must become a registered member with a login to actually purchase from Shop VHSource and see all pdf materials. Registered membership is free.
- Anyone wishing to sell digital librettos, piano vocal scores, scores and parts, pictures, reviews, historic articles should contact
regarding entering into a vendor agreement for their files. All materials must be in either pdf format or mp3. There will be no inventory required other than the digital file.
- Anyone entering into a vendor agreement must represent their ownership of each item offered.
3. News areas shall remain open to the public at all times.
- Anyone wishing production dates or news to be published on the site, should submit same to publisher Alyce Mott.
- If VHSource obtains news items from the Internet, we will seek approval of the originator of such news for the listing.
- Publisher reserves the right to perform final edits if necessary to maintain the integrity of the site.
- General visitors may submit news for the site through the Publisher at any time by e-mail. Every effort will be made to post news on a timely basiis.
General Use of VHSource
While using this Site, you shall not:
1. post content or items in an inappropriate category or areas on the Site; .
2. violate any laws, third party rights, or our policies;
3. circumvent or manipulate the billing process, or fees owed to VHSource;
4. post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information);
5. distribute or post spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
6. distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm VHSource, or the interests or property of VHSource users;
7. copy, modify, or distribute content from the Sites and VHSource's copyrights and trademarks; or
8. harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
Please report problems, offensive content, and policy violations to us.
Shop VHSource (E-Commerce Store) will ensure that listed items do not infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify
and we will investigate.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the Sites if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time.
Fees and Services
Joining VHSource and registering as a user are free services. You will need to be a registered user and logged in to either see the pdf samples or purchase from the store. Changes to this policy are effective after we provide you with at least fourteen days' notice by posting the changes on the Sites.
Unless otherwise stated, all pricing in Shop VHSource E-Commerce Store will be quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with the site at the time of purchase by credit card. Please be advised that if you choose to omit address, city and state from the Purchase Order when you check out, you will be charged New York State Sales Tax which is NOT refundable.
Please feel free to e-mail
if you wish to make other arrangement. If your payment method fails or you have made other arrangements and your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. As this is primarily a digital download site, unapproved credit card utilization will simply result in NO Download capabilities. Please contact VHSource if you have a not-for-profit tax-exempt certificate so we can accommodate your account. Iif you live in any state other than New York, you will not be taxed no matter what your status unless you fail to identify your address in the Purchase Order.
When you give us content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights (but no other rights) you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. We will always credit you with the origination of such content.
You will not hold VHSource responsible for other users' actions or inactions, including things they post. You acknowledge that we are a venue which allows for the sale and/or rental of hard-to-find Public Domain and/or copyrightable scores, piano/vocals, orchestra parts, librettos, musical presentations, photos, reviews and e-books in digital download formats,. at anytime, from anywhere, in a variety of pricing formats and venues. Given the extreme age of some of the materials offered in Shop VHSource, we have no control over readability of photocopies of original materials and cannot improve the quality and/or readability of such materials. Rest assure that anyone selling on this site is under contract to VHSource and has been thoroughly screened as to the source and quality of their materials. If a source is not a registered Vendor of VHSource, we cannot totally attest to the integrity of their created materials. However, we will not list any non Vendor materials without the belief that such items were created from original materials and the believed source of same.
We do not transfer legal ownership of original items represented by the digital files from the seller to the buyer. Further, you shall have the right to download your purchase three (3) times during the five (5) days immediately following your purchase. We cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our digital products beyond the stated window of time (5 days) and/or repetition of digital downloads (3) purchased by any user. Should you encounter any problems regarding obtain your purchased download, do not hesitate to contact VHSource.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, we exclude all implied warranties, terms and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of our Sites. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, and (b) $100.
If you have a dispute with one or more registered users of VHSource, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Access and Interference
Much of the information on the Sites is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to VHSource by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Sites for any purpose without our express written permission.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for Your Information) from the Sites without the prior expressed written permission of VHSource and the appropriate third party, as applicable; or
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites or any activities conducted on the Sites.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We use your information only for the purposes of contacting you directly relating to VHSource business. We view protection of users' privacy as a very important community principle. We store and process your information on computers located in the United States that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. You can access and modify the information you provide us and choose not to receive certain communications by signing-in to your account.
You will indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees), harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
VHSource, LLC is located at 302 West 105th Street, #3C, New York, NY 10025.
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the amended terms on this Site. Except as stated elsewhere, all amended items shall automatically be effective 15 days after they are initially posted. These Policies may not be otherwise amended except in a writing signed by us.
You may report complaints to the Division of Consumer Services of the New York Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them www.nyc.gov.